How to make Kadhai Murg
About Kadhai Murg Recipe | Kadhai Chicken: A spicy chicken dish, Kadhai Murg is popular in North India and is served across restaurants. Made with a melange of different spices, this chicken recipe is a delight for non vegetarians. You can cook this on special occasions and dinner parties and it will steal all the limelight as the delicious main dish.
Ingredients of Kadhai Murg Recipe | Kadhai Chicken: Tender chunks of chicken tossed with the tang of tomatoes, an array of spices and chillies. A perfect amalgamation of spices like black pepper, cumin, fenugreek powder and fennel powder, this is the perfect chicken dish to make at home. However add the ingredients according to your preference and serving size.Best Way to Enjoy Kadhai Murg | Kadhai Chicken
: Kadhai Murg is best served with Naan, Chapati or plain Paratha, however you can also relish it with a rice dish as well.
Ingredients of Kadhai Murgh
- 1 Kg chicken (diced)
- 8 Whole red chillies
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 1 1/2 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 kg tomatoes , chopped
- 4 green chillies, chopped
- 2 1/2 tbsp ginger (ground)
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tsp green cardamom Powder
- 1/2 tsp brown cardamom powder
- A pinch of black pepper powder
- A pinch of cumin powder
- 1 tsp fenugreek powder (kasoori methi)
- A pinch of fennel powder
- to taste salt
How to Make Kadhai Murgh
- 1.Roast the whole red chillies and coriander seeds and coarsely grind them.
- 2.Heat ghee in a pan, saute the garlic lightly.
- 3.Add the ground spices and stir well.
- 4.Now add tomatoes while stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes.
- 5.Put the green chillies and ginger in it, simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- 6.Then add the chicken, mix well and cook till almost done.
- 7.Now sprinkle salt and fresh coriander leaves, stir.
- 8.Add the black pepper powder, brown cardamom powder followed by fenugreek powder, cumin powder, green cardamom powder and fennel powder.
- 9.Stir again and serve hot.
After you are done relishing the delicious Kadhai Murg, we have got you the best of Indian chicken recipes we have to spoil your taste buds a little more!
Key Ingredients: chicken (diced), Whole red chillies, coriander seeds, ghee, garlic paste, tomatoes , green chillies, ginger (ground), fresh coriander, green cardamom Powder, brown cardamom powder, black pepper powder, cumin powder, fenugreek powder (kasoori methi), fennel powder, salt