How To Make Keema Methi
Recipe Servings: 4
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Keema Methi Recipe: Keema methi is a traditional dish of Andhra Pradesh.This is a minced meat dish flavored with fenugreek leaves.
Ingredients of Keema Methi
- 500 gms minced mutton/lamb
- 250 gms methi leaves (cleaned & washed), chopped
- 1 cup onions, grated
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds (powdered)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp red pepper (powdered
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, powdered
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1/2 cup oil
How to Make Keema Methi
- 1.Heat oil and add the cumin seeds. When the seeds splutter, add the garlic, ginger, onions, bay leaves and the garam masala, and stir-fry, till the fat separates.
- 2.Add the tomatoes and continue to stir-fry till the fat separates once again, then add the salt, coriander, turmeric, red and black pepper.
- 3.Over high heat, add the meat, stir a few times till the colour changes, and then lower the heat. Continue to stir fry, till the keema is almost cooked through.
- 4.Add the fenugreek leaves and cook till fat separates once again. Serve hot.
Key Ingredients: minced mutton/lamb, methi leaves (cleaned & washed), onions, tomatoes, ginger paste, garlic paste, cumin seeds, garam masala, salt, coriander seeds (powdered), turmeric, red pepper (powdered, black pepper, powdered, Bay leaves, oil