Khada Masala Murgh with Kasoori Methi Recipe
How to make Khada Masala Murgh with Kasoori Methi
A very light chicken recipe. This dish is flavored with dried fenugreek leaves and emits a wonderful aroma of freshly crushed whole spices.
- Total Cook Time 55 mins
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 45 mins
- Recipe Servings4
Ingredients of Khada Masala Murgh with Kasoori Methi
- 1 med sized chicken (800 gm) cut into 8-12 pieces
- 1 cup curd (thick)
- Salt to taste
- 2-3 Tbsp oil
- 2 dry red chillies, broken up
- 3 large onions, chopped fine
- 2 Tbsp garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp ginger, chopped
- 2 green chillies, chopped or slit lengthwise
- 1 tsp dhaniya powder (coriander powder)
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp kasoori methi(dried fenugreek leaves)
- For sabut masale:
- 1 moti elaichi (brown cardamom)
- 2 chotti elaichi (green cardamom)
- 1 inch stick dalchini (cinnamon)
- 3 laung (cloves)
- 1 tej patta (bay leaf)
How to Make Khada Masala Murgh with Kasoori MethiHideShow Media
Marinate chicken in curd and salt. Keep aside 30 minutes.
Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Reduce flame and add broken chillies, chopped onions and all the sabut masalas.
Stir fry on med till onions are golden brown.
Add chopped ginger and garlic. Stir for 1 minute. Reduce heat and add green chillies, red chilli powder and coriander powder. Mix.
Add tomatoes and stir fry till oil separates or tomatoes get soft.
Add chicken. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes on moderate flame and then lower heat.
Cover and cook stirring occasionally till chicken is tender and masala coats chicken. Sprinkle some water in-between if needed.
Add kasoori methi and mix well.
Garnish with ginger sticks and coriander leaves.