Story ProgressBack to home
Middle Eastern Tabbouleh Salad with Red Quinoa Recipe
Make the mighty popular tabbouleh salad at the comfort of your home with wheat germ, red quinoa, veggies and nuts.
- Total Cook Time 30 mins
- Cook Time 30 mins
- Recipe Servings5
Ingredients of Middle Eastern Tabbouleh Salad with Red Quinoa
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup red quinoa, uncooked
- 3-4 Tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 medium sized seedless english cucumber, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 cup cilantro with stems, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts
- 1 1/2 Tbsp black kalamata olives, sliced
- 2 Tbsp green onion, finely chopped
- Salt & pepper (adjust as per taste)
- 6-8 mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup lemon juice (adjust for taste)
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- Lettuce and lemon slices for garnish
How to Make Middle Eastern Tabbouleh Salad with Red QuinoaHideShow Media
For the Wheat Germ preparation:
In a bowl, add hot boiling water and then wheat germ. Make sure wheat germ is fully underwater. Cover and set aside for at-least 5 minutes. Strain and drain the wheat germ, and don't allow it be soupy.
For the salad preparation:
Cook the quinoa as per the instructions on the box. Drain and keep aside.
Combine all ingredients, except salt & pepper. Line a serving bowl with lettuce and top with the tabbouleh salad. Top with salt & pepper.
Chill in the refrigerator for at-least 2 hours, before serving.