Middle Eastern Tabbouleh Salad with Red Quinoa Recipe
Make the mighty popular tabbouleh salad at the comfort of your home with wheat germ, red quinoa, veggies and nuts.
- Total Cook Time 30 mins
- Cook Time 30 mins
- Recipe Servings5
Ingredients of Middle Eastern Tabbouleh Salad with Red Quinoa
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup red quinoa, uncooked
- 3-4 Tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 medium sized seedless english cucumber, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 cup cilantro with stems, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts
- 1 1/2 Tbsp black kalamata olives, sliced
- 2 Tbsp green onion, finely chopped
- Salt & pepper (adjust as per taste)
- 6-8 mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup lemon juice (adjust for taste)
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- Lettuce and lemon slices for garnish
How to Make Middle Eastern Tabbouleh Salad with Red QuinoaHideShow Media
For the Wheat Germ preparation:
In a bowl, add hot boiling water and then wheat germ. Make sure wheat germ is fully underwater. Cover and set aside for at-least 5 minutes. Strain and drain the wheat germ, and don't allow it be soupy.
For the salad preparation:
Cook the quinoa as per the instructions on the box. Drain and keep aside.
Combine all ingredients, except salt & pepper. Line a serving bowl with lettuce and top with the tabbouleh salad. Top with salt & pepper.
Chill in the refrigerator for at-least 2 hours, before serving.