Murgh Malai Tikka with Tandoori Mushroom and Truffle Cream Recipe
How to make Murgh Malai Tikka with Tandoori Mushroom and Truffle Cream
Chicken leg boneless tikkas served with grilled mushrooms and truffle cream.
- Total Cook Time1 hr 15 mins
- Prep Time 15 mins
- Cook Time1 hr
- Recipe Servings4
Ingredients of Murgh Malai Tikka with Tandoori Mushroom and Truffle Cream
- 600 g chicken leg, boneless
- For marinade 1:
- 4 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- For marinade 2:
- 1 cup hung curd
- 4 Tbsp cream
- 3 Tbsp processed cheese, grated
- 3 Tbsp coriander roots, paste
- 2 green chillies
- 1/2 tsp green cardamom powder
- Salt to taste
- White pepper to taste
- 2 cups button mushrooms, quarters
- Few drops truffle oil (optional)
- 2 Tbsp butter, unsalted (for basting)
- 1 cup wild rocket leaves, or any lettuce
- For garnish (optional):
- 20 g elephant garlic, peeled
- 40 g mustard cress
How to Make Murgh Malai Tikka with Tandoori Mushroom and Truffle CreamHideShow Media
Clean and cut chicken into bite-size pieces.
Marinate chicken with ginger-garlic paste, lemon juice for 1st marination. Keep aside for half an hour.
Prepare 2nd marination by adding the hung curd, cream, cheese, coriander root paste, green chilli, cardamom, salt & pepper.
After half an hour, mix the chicken in this marinade.
Clean and blanch the mushrooms. Wipe it dry and marinate along with chicken.
Prepare truffle cream by reducing cream, onions and mushrooms, adding truffle oil and butter in the end.
Put the mushrooms & chicken on skewers and cook in tandoor, basting with butter and cream.
When cooked, serve the chicken with mushrooms, truffle cream and wild rocket.
Garnish with garlic chips and mustard cress.