How to make Muthia
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Medium
About Muthia Recipe | Muthiya Recipe: Steamed or fried dumplings made with flour dough seasoned with fenugreek, chilli powder and turmeric.
Ingredients of Muthia
- 3 Cups Fenugreek , finely chopped
- 1 Cup Gram flour
- 1/4 Cup Wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 Tbsp Oil
How to Make Muthia
- 1.Mix together, the gramflour and wheat flour, fenugreek leaves, salt, chilli powder and turmeric.
- 2.Rub oil into the mixture and knead into a soft, pliable dough.
- 3.Rest the dough for at least 15 minutes.
- 4.Divide dough into walnut sized pieces, shape into smooth rounds.
- 5.Flatten rounds between your palms and either steam or fry them.
- 6.For Steaming: Place them in a steamer, or a metal colander which can be placed into a bigger saucepan with water in it. Steam for 15-20 minutes.
- For frying:
- 1.Deep fry the muthias first over high flame, then lower flame and fry on both sides, till cooked through. These can stay in the refrigerator for a few days.
Fenugreek , Gram flour
, Wheat flour, Salt
, Chilli powder, Turmeric powder, Oil