How to make Orange Pudding
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
High on citrus flavors this orange pudding is a must try. Served with a thick honey-orange sauce with kafir limes.
Ingredients of Orange Pudding
- For the orange pudding:
- 30 gram butter (softened)
- 60 gram sugar (icing sugar), powdered
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 30 gram flour
- 3 tbsp orange juice
- 1 egg (separated,1 yolk + 1 egg white whisked till forms peaks)
- 140 ml milk
- For the sauce:
- 50 gram butter
- 50 gram sugar
- 1 orange (juiced)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp kaffir lime, shredded
How to Make Orange Pudding
- Prepare the pudding:
- 1.Preheat the oven at 250 degrees C.
- 2.In a bowl add butter and sugar. Mix till well combined.
- 3.Add the orange zest and flour. Mix well and add the orange juice.
- 4.Add the egg yolk. Mix and add milk gradually.
- 5.Then fold in the egg whites. Pour the batter in a bowl.
- 6.In an oven tray place a large oven proof dish with water. Place the bowl with batter in it. (This process is called Bain-marie.)
- 7.Bake at 200 degrees C for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the sauce:
- 1.In a pan add the butter and sugar. Cook till the butter melts and is well combined with the sugar.
- 2.Add the orange juice and honey.
- 3.Cook till it thickens a bit. Add kafir limes.
- 4.Sauce is ready.
- 5.Pour over the pudding before serving.
Key Ingredients: butter (softened), sugar (icing sugar), orange zest, flour, orange juice, egg (separated,1 yolk + 1 egg white whisked till forms peaks), milk, butter, sugar, orange (juiced), honey, kaffir lime