How to make Ragi Cookies
Calcium rich cookies with the goodness of ragi and cane sugar. Let your family enjoy cookies the guilt free way.
Ingredients of Ragi Cookies
- 1 Cup ragi flour
- 1/2 Cup brown cane sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp green cardamom powder
- 2 pinches of ginger powder
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 Cup oil (rice bran)
- 1 egg (whisked)
- 1/2 Tbsp salt
How to Make Ragi Cookies
- 1.In a pan mix the ragi flour and cardamom powder. Then roast this gently on a tawa till the color gets a wee bit darker. (for a minute or two)
- 2.In a bowl break an egg and whisk it. Add the roasted ragi and sugar into it.
- 3.Mix well.
- 4.Add the dry ginger and salt to it.
- 5.Then add the oil and mix well. It will look like a dark dough.
- 6.Make round balls and flatten them in your palms.
- 7.Pre-heat the oven for 5-7 minutes. Take a flat dish, put butter paper on it. No need to grease it.
- 8.Place the biscuit roundels an inch away from each other and bake for 8 minutes at 180 degree Celsius.
Key Ingredients: ragi flour, brown cane sugar, green cardamom powder, ginger powder, baking powder, oil (rice bran), egg (whisked), salt