Red Pepper Hummus Recipe
Give your bowl of hummus a peppery makeover by blending in red bell peppers. You can even add in some parsley to take the flavour a notch higher.
- Total Cook Time 25 mins
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 15 mins
- Recipe Servings4
Ingredients of Red Pepper Hummus
- 2 cups of chickpeas, boiled
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Red Chilli powder, for topping
- Olive oil, for topping
- Parsley to garnish
How to Make Red Pepper HummusHideShow Media
1. Oil the red bell peppers and roast them in the oven for 5 minutes.
2. In a food processor or blender, mix chickpeas and garlic, and pulse until smooth. You can add a little water, if you find the mixture a little dry.
3. Add the red bell peppers, olive oil and salt, and blend again until smooth.
4. Transfer to a bowl, and add the lemon juice. Mix well and check seasoning. Finish with a drizzling of olive oil, a sprinkling of red chilli powder and fresh parsley on top. Serve with pita breads.