How To Make Samosa Pastry
Recipe Servings: 4
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Medium
About Samosa Pastry Recipe: Fill this basic samosa dough with anything spicy and delicious stuffing for a snacky treat!
Ingredients of Samosa Pastry
- 2 Cups refined flour (sifted)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp oil
- Cold water (to knead)
How to Make Samosa Pastry
- 1.Add the salt to the flour, and rub the oil into it.
- 2.Add water and knead into a stiff dough (It is important for the dough to be stiff.) Leave to rest for 15 minutes or so.
- 3.Shape dough into smooth balls, and roll the balls into thin rounds. Cut these into halves.
- 4.Take one half, wet the edges, and fold the straight edge at the center and join by one half overlapping the other to form into a cone.
- 5.Press the overlapping portion, and fill the cone with desired filling, and press the edges together to seal.
- 6.The oil should be hot when you add the samosas to it, then lower the heat and let cook till brown.
Key Ingredients: refined flour (sifted), salt, oil, Cold water (to knead)