How to make Sonth aur Methi ka Ladoo (Laddu)
About Sonth aur Methi ka Ladoo (Sonth aur Methi ka Laddu) Recipe: An Indian traditional sweet made with fenugreek seeds, ginger, saunf and jaggery. Sonth aur Methi ke Ladoo are a healthy snack option, specifically good for pregnant women and also provide warmth to the body thus being a winter special.
Ingredients of Sonth aur Methi ka Ladoo (Laddu)
- 60 Gram Ghee
- 1 Cup Atta (whole wheat flour)
- 1 Tbsp Methi (fenugreek) seeds
- 2 tsp Saunf (fennel seeds)
- 1 tsp Sonth (dried, powdered ginger)
- 3/4 Cup Gur ki shakkar (natural brown sugar)
How to Make Sonth aur Methi ka Ladoo (Laddu)
- 1.In a heavy kadahi melt the ghee and add the atta.
- 2.Stir fry over low heat (so that the flour is cooked through). Takes about 30 minutes for the flour to be cooked through. It gets a pasty look when done, and the colour should be a light brown.
- 3.Shut off the heat and leave the mixture to cool completely . If it does not cool completely, it will become `wet' when you add the sugar.
- 4.In another pan, dry roast kali mirch, methi, saunf and grind them.
- 5.When atta mixture is completely cooled, add the sugar, ground ingredients and the sonth, and mix very well, rubbing it with your open palm against the base of the bowl. Rub till blended thoroughly.
- 6.Shape into tight, hard balls, pressing hard at every stage. In the final stage, keep it pressed a little longer, so that the surface is smooth (when the ghee comes in contact with the body heat, it melts and smoothens the mixture).
- 7.Decorate the top of each with the almonds and pistachios, if so desired.
- 8.Store in air tight containers and these will last 4-6 weeks.
Key Ingredients: Ghee, Atta (whole wheat flour), Methi (fenugreek) seeds, Saunf (fennel seeds), Sonth (dried, powdered ginger), Gur ki shakkar (natural brown sugar)