How To Make Tadka Dal
Recipe Servings: 4
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Tadka Dal Recipe: A chatpat channa dal cooked Bengali style with the flavors of mustard oil, coconut and sabut lal mirch.
Ingredients of Tadka Dal
- 1 Cup chane ki dal (Bengal gram)
- 5 cups water
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tsp haldi (turmeric)
- 2 tsp ginger, chopped
- 1 tsp sugar or to taste
- 1 tbsp nariyal pieces (heaped), pan fried
- 2 tbsp sarson ka tel
- 1 tsp sarson (mustard seeds)
- 2-3 Sabut lal mirch
- Coriander leaves for garnish
How to Make Tadka Dal
- 1.Pick, clean and wash the dal and cook with the water, salt, haldi and ginger, till soft.
- 2.Add the sugar and fried nariyal.
- 3.Heat oil and add the sarson and lal mirch.
- 4.Add the dal and bring to a boil, and then simmer for a minute.
- 5.Serve hot garnished with the coriander leaves.
Key Ingredients: chane ki dal (Bengal gram), water, salt, haldi (turmeric), ginger, sugar or to taste, nariyal pieces (heaped), sarson ka tel, sarson (mustard seeds), Sabut lal mirch, Coriander leaves for garnish