How to make Tadka Dal
Recipe Servings: 4
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
A chatpat channa dal cooked Bengali style with the flavors of mustard oil, coconut and sabut lal mirch.
Ingredients of Tadka Dal
- 1 cup (180 gm) chane ki dal (Bengal Gram)
- 5 cups water
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 tsp haldi (turmeric)
- 2 tsp chopped ginger
- 1 tsp sugar or to taste
- 1 heaped Tbsp fried nariyal pieces
- 2 Tbsp (30 gm) sarson ka tel
- 1 tsp sarson (mustard seeds)
- 2-3 sabut lal mirch
- Coriander leaves for garnish
How to Make Tadka Dal
- 1.Pick, clean and wash the dal and cook with the water, salt, haldi and ginger, till soft.
- 2.Add the sugar and fried nariyal.
- 3.Heat oil and add the sarson and lal mirch.
- 4.Add the dal and bring to a boil, and then simmer for a minute.
- 5.Serve hot garnished with the coriander leaves.
Key Ingredients: 1 cup (180 gm) chane ki dal (Bengal Gram), 5 cups water, 1 Tbsp salt, 1 tsp haldi (turmeric), 2 tsp chopped ginger, 1 tsp sugar or to taste, 1 heaped Tbsp fried nariyal pieces, 2 Tbsp (30 gm) sarson ka tel, 1 tsp sarson (mustard seeds), 2-3 sabut lal mirch, Coriander leaves for garnish