How to make Thenga Choru (Coconut Rice)
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Thenga Choru (Coconut Rice): Delicious and coconut-y! Easy to prepare coconut rice with some urad dal and cashews.
Ingredients of Thenga Choru (Coconut Rice)
- 500 Gram rice (cooked)
- 6=50 ml oil
- 5 gram mustard seeds
- 5 gram cumin seeds
- 10 gms urad dal
- 50 gms cashew nuts
- 5 gram curry leaves
- 10 gms green chillies, chopped
- 100 gms coconut, grated
- 100 ml coconut milk
- 10 gms coriander leaves, chopped
- 10 ml lemon juice
- to taste salt
How to Make Thenga Choru (Coconut Rice)
- 1.Heat oil in a heavy saucepan or a wok and add the mustard seeds.
- 2.When they crackle, add the cumin seeds. Add the urad dal and when golden in color, add the cashew nuts and saute till golden.
- 3.Add all the ingredients except rice and stir on a high flame for 2 minutes.
- 4.Mix in the rice and stir for another 5 minutes on a slow flame.
Key Ingredients: rice (cooked), oil, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad dal, cashew nuts, curry leaves, green chillies, coconut, coconut milk, coriander leaves, lemon juice, salt