How to make Vratwali Kheer
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
A preparation of milk, sugar and parsai. Parsai is a rice like ingredient, permissible to consume during the Navratra fasts (vrat).
Ingredients of Vratwali Kheer
- 1 Litre Milk, full cream
- 1/4 Cup Samwat / parsai ke chawal (washed)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 10-12 Kishmish (raisins)
- 4 Small Elaichi (green cardamoms)
- 10-12 Almonds (shredded)
How to Make Vratwali Kheer
- 1.Put rice and milk in a deep pan and bring to boil.
- 2.Simmer over low heat, stirring a few times till the rice is cooked and milk has thickened. (Takes about 25 minutes).
- 3.When cooked, add sugar, kishmish and elaichi.
- 4.Stir till sugar is dissolved and 10-15 minutes after that.
- 5.Transfer on to a serving dish, garnish with the almonds.
- 6.Serve hot or chilled.
Key Ingredients: Milk, Samwat / parsai ke chawal (washed), Sugar, Kishmish (raisins), Elaichi (green cardamoms), Almonds (shredded)