How to make Zucchini Parmigiana
About Zucchini Parmigiana Recipe: Layers of zucchini, ricotta and tomato basil sauce baked to succulent perfection. Enjoy the sheer pleasure of digging into the lovely flavours of zucchini, ricotta and basil.
Ingredients of Zucchini Parmigiana
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic, finely chopped
- 3-4 ripe tomatoes (diced)
- 10-12 basil leaves
- 1/4 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1-2 dry red chillies (whole)
- 1 glass water
- 100 gram ricotta cheese
- to taste salt
How to Make Zucchini Parmigiana
- 1.Heat one tablespoon of oil in a pan and saute the zucchini on both sides with some salt on a high flame for 2-3 minutes.
- 2.Fry till the zucchini is light brown in colour.
- 3.In another pan heat one tablespoon of oil and lightly saute the garlic.
- 4.Add the tomatoes and basil leaves. Mix well.
- 5.Sprinkle red chilli flakes, dry red chillies, salt and stir.
- 6.Add enough water so that it does not become dry.
- 7.Cook till it becomes saucy.
- 8.On a plate make three layers of zucchini, ricotta and the sauce.
- 9.Pre-heat the oven and bake the layered zucchini, ricotta and the sauce for 7-8 minutes at 200 degrees.
- 10.Garnish it with basil leaves and serve the Zucchini Parmigiana hot.
Key Ingredients: zucchini, olive oil, garlic, ripe tomatoes (diced), basil leaves, red chilli flakes, dry red chillies (whole), water, ricotta cheese, salt