Aloo Rasedaar Vrat-wale
This potato sabzi is eaten during fasts. Normal salt is replaced with sendha namak or rock salt.
- 500 gm potatoes - chopped to small pieces
- 1/4 cup ghee
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 Tbsp finely shredded ginger
- 1/2 cup yoghurt
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 2 tsp senda namak-powdered
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- Heat the ghee, add the cumin seeds and when they begin to splutter add the yoghurt and stir-fry till the ghee separates.
- Add the ginger powder, salt and chilli powder and stir a few times, till well mixed.
- Then add the potatoes and turn over high heat, till they look slightly fried.
- Add about 2 cups water and bring to a boil.
- Simmer uncovered for about 15 minutes, till tender. Serve hot with pakories made of kuttu ka aata.