Recipe of Kaju ki Barfi
Recipe Servings: 10
Cashew nut and milk based sweet traditionally served at special occasions, topped by silver leaf.
- 250 gm cashew nuts
- 250 gm (1 cup) sugar
- 240 gm (1 cup) milk
- Few silver leaves - for decoration (optional)
- A greased plate to set the barfee in
How to Make Kaju ki Barfi
- Blend cashews and milk in a blender to a fine paste.
- Mix paste and sugar and cook over low heat stirring till the sugar dissolves, then bring to a boil.
- Continue stirring over medium heat, till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan, and becomes a dough like paste.
- Remove from heat and when cool enough to handle, roll it on to a greased surface, with a greased rolling pin (roll before it cools).
- Roll to 1/4cm / 1/8" thickness.
- Now cover with the silver leaf and leave to cool, then cut into diamond shaped pieces.