Recipe of Kashmiri Paneer
Recipe Servings: 4
Deep fried chunks of paneer simmered in a milk based gravy with loads of khada masalas. Serve with dum aloo, mooli ki chutney and steamed rice.
- 1/2 Tbsp oil
- 3 cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 3 green cardamom
- 1 Tbsp sund powder (Dry ginger powder)
- 1 Tbsp saunf powder
- 1 glass milk
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1/4 th glass water
- 300 gm paneer, cut into large chunks and deep fried
- Coriander leaves, chopped, to garnish
How to Make Kashmiri Paneer
- In a wok add oil, bay leaf, cloves, green cardamom, cinnamon stick and cumin seeds. Let it splutter.
- Add the saunf and sund powder. Saute vigorously. Do not let it burn.
- Immediately add the milk and water. Let it come to a boil and add salt and pepper.
- Add the deep fried paneer chunks. Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve with dum aloo, mooli ki chutney and steamed rice.
- Note: Let this dish rest for about 20-30 minutes before serving so that the paneer can soak up the milk and becomes soft & flavorful.
Key Ingredients: Cottage cheese
, black pepper
, vegetable oil
, bay leaf
, cumin seeds
, green cardamom
, coriander leaves
, dry ginger powder