Recipe Servings: 20
Potato and saboodana fried in patty shape makes a tasty snack and a perfect festive delicacy.
- 1 kg potatoes- boiled, peeled and mashed
- 1 cup saboodana
- 2 tsp salt or sendha namak (rock salt)
- 1/2 cup peanuts - coarsely pounded
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 Tbsp coriander leaves - chopped
- 1 tsp green chillies - chopped
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Oil for deep-frying
- Wash the saboodana and soak covered with water for about an hour.
- Drain in a colander, and mix in potatoes, salt, peanuts, chilli powder, coriander, green chillies and the lemon juice.
- Form mixture into flat, round vadas and fry in hot oil.