According to Bangalore-based Nutritionist, Dr. Anju Sood, these fruits have attained the 'super' title because other than providing the three prime nutrients desired by the body which are carbohydrates, proteins and fats, they also provide enzymes and antioxidants in smaller quantities that are needed for the day to day body functions. Here are 29 super fruits that everyone must have.
Photo Credit: Istock16. Papaya:
It is loaded with vitamin A and vitamin E and is a great breakfast option.
17. Raspberries: They are loaded with vitamin C and manganese.
18. Watermelon: Watermelons are extremely hydrating and are also rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin C and lots of lycopene.
19. Pineapples: Pineapples are packed with bromelain, an enzymes that ease digestion and also helps in burning unwanted fat.
20. Goji berries: They are known to protect the functioning of the liver.
21. Amla: Prized for its qualities in Ayurveda, it is an excellent anti-inflammatory fruit. It is known to cure sore throat and cold.
22. Jamun: It helps in managing your blood sugar levels.
23. Bael: You must have heard of the famous bael ka sharbat. It is significant in relieving constipation.
24. Pear: It is high in fiber and makes for a good post-workout snack.
25. Lychee: Lychees are extremely rich in vitamin B and folate and helps in improving blood circulation in our body. Photo Credit: Istock
26. Mango: Our all-time favourite summer fruit, mango is loaded with Vitamin A, Vitamin B-6 and Vitamin E. It also aids the production of red blood cells.
27. Kokum: As fascinating as it sounds, kokum is a fruit of Indian origin. It has a great cooling property and drinking kokum soaked in water is a good remedy for dehydration or a heat stroke.
28. DatesDates act as blood cleansers. They are also a great source of instant energy.
29. Figs: They help in relaxing the nerves. They are full of fiber and are also packed with calcium.
As great sources of fiber, antioxidants, amino acids and minerals, most of these delicious fruits are easily available. They contribute effectively in keeping you healthy and strong.
The opinions expressed within this article are the personal opinions of the author. NDTV is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, suitability, or validity of any information on this article. All information is provided on an as-is basis. The information, facts or opinions appearing in the article do not reflect the views of NDTV and NDTV does not assume any responsibility or liability for the same.