Bollywood actor Deepika Padukone turns 33 on January 5th, 2019. The newly wed, who tied the knot with her boyfriend of six years Ranveer Singh last year, has seen a stellar rise in popularity and she continues to shine as one of the brightest stars in the industry. In 2018, Forbes India put Deepika Padukone on 'Number 4' as one of the highest paid Bollywood actors at a total net worth of Rs. 112.8 crores as of last year. The actor has firmly established herself among the top crop of the Hindi film industry, even as she forayed in Hollywood with her sizzling debut in 'XXX: Return of Xander Cage', opposite Vin Diesel. With millions of fans around the world, Deepika Padukone is an inspiration, not just because of her mind-blowing acting chops, but also because of her staunch support for people suffering from mental illnesses.
The diva founded the Live, Love, Laugh foundation to spread awareness about the debilitating impact of mental illnesses on a person's overall well-being and has been quite vocal about her own battle with depression as well. Deepika Padukone is also quite something of a fitness icon, thanks to her active lifestyle and athletic physique. The 'Padmavat' star has a svelte body that has been the talk of the town ever since she entered the limelight. She continues to amaze people with her shapely frame and beauty that can dazzle anyone. It's clear to see that Deepika has worked very hard to look the way she looks, so we're here to tell you some diet and fitness secrets of the beauty.
Here are some diet and fitness lessons that you can learn from Deepika Padukone:
1. Balanced Meals: Deepika Padukone is quite a food lover and often posts pictures of her delicious meals. The beauty is known to stay away from restrictive diets and instead believes in eating a balanced meal. She said in a Miss Malini interview, "I don't believe in excessive dieting. I'm someone who'd always eaten a balanced meal." She added by saying that she's never had to follow any crash diets before say beachwear shoots et al, because she's always been in shape, thanks to her rigorous fitness routine.
2. Be Active: Deepika Padukone has often talked about the importance of sports in her life and how the athletic spirit that was instilled in her early in life, helped her power through difficult times. At a press event, Deepika Padukone had revealed that she comes from a family where everybody is passionate about sports. Her father is a badminton champion, while her younger sister is a golfer. Deepika revealed that it was her father who always encouraged the girls to go out and play in the open, instead of staying in and watching TV or playing video games.
3. Load Up On Protein: The secret to a slim figure is loading up on enough protein every day. This is because proteins help build lean muscle mass and also help you stay full for longer. Deepika Padukone starts her day with protein-rich egg whites and makes sure she includes some grilled fish with vegetables on the side, with her lunch meals.
4. Eat Home-Cooked Meals: Deepika Padukone is said to prefer eating home-cooked meals, while shooting and on sets. Home-cooked meals are low in calories and high in nutrition. Moreover, artificial flavours and toxic preservatives are absent from these meals. So, if you're looking to lose weight and maintain a fit body, you must inculcate the habit of carrying dabbas with home-cooked food to work.
5. Break Your Meals Up: Deepika Padukone never skips any meals during the day, as should be the practice with everyone who wants to stay fit. She also eats smaller meals during the day to keep her metabolism up, which is essential to burn those calories off.
Deepika Padukone loves South Indian food and is often seen gorging on yummy idlis sambhar and dosas. During her wedding in Italy, the actor went to the extent of getting South Indian filter coffee flown out from Bengaluru to be served as welcome drink to the guests! The diva clearly doesn't compromise when it comes to the quality of food and that's why we love her so much.