2. Stimulates DetoxificationMango helps your body in eliminating harmful toxins and detoxifies it, all thanks to the presence of vitamin A, C, D and B6. Hence, amchur is used in ayurvedic medicines to treat diarrhea, dysentery and urinary tract infections.
3. Improves EyesightAmchur powder contains essential elements like vitamin A and vitamin E, which are important for your eyes. Amchur supports proper functioning of your hormone and by consuming amchur regularly you can improve your eyesight. It also prevents eye related disease like cataract, too.
4. Keeps Heart HealthyRegular consumption of amchur powder may help in taking care of your heart. It may help to improve cardiovascular health. It is also used in ayurvedic medicines to keep your heart healthy and problem free.
5 .Treats And Prevents ScurvyScurvy is a medical condition that is caused due to deficiency of vitamin C in our body. A combination of amchur and jaggery is very effective in treating scurvy.
6. Weight LossAmchur powder is very effective in weight loss as it contains low carbohydrates. Moreover, amchur is packed antioxidant that helps in boosting your metabolism and helps you to stay in shape.
7. Removes AcneAmchur powder helps in removing acne and can be used as a mild scrub for your skin. It makes your skin clean, clear and supple. It also has an exfoliating effect on your skin that helps you cure breakouts, blemishes and blackheads.
Amchur has many uses, when it comes to prepare dishes. It adds flavour to soups, chutneys, curries, dal, pickles, stir fried vegetables and fruit salad. The dried powder is directly added to these dishes like tomato chicken, fish tikka and stew. It is a spice that is even used in continental dishes like grilled citrus fish. But, that's not it. You may also use amchur in your smoothies and shakes to make them tasty and healthy.Amchur powder is widely available in the local Indian markets, but you can also make amchur powder at your home. But make sure you keep it in an airtight container to increase its shelf life just like any other spices.Steps to make amchur powder at home
- Take raw mangoes and wash them nicely.
- Peel the mangoes with the help of vegetable peeler.
- Slice the peeled mangoes into long thin slices.
- Lay out the slices on a piece of cloth in the sunlight.
- Repeat it daily until the pieces are crisp and brittle.
- Pound them and then grind them till you get a fine powder.
- Sieve, if required to make an even powder
- Store in clean sterile airtight jars.
With these easy and simple steps you can make amchur powder at your home and avail its benefits until the next fresh green mangoes season arrives.
The opinions expressed within this article are the personal opinions of the author. NDTV is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, suitability, or validity of any information on this article. All information is provided on an as-is basis. The information, facts or opinions appearing in the article do not reflect the views of NDTV and NDTV does not assume any responsibility or liability for the same.