Monsoons bring a welcome respite from the scorching summer heat. But the sudden dip in the temperature fosters harmful bacteria that may cause viral flu and other common infections. It's even more important to be cautious of our health during this time. Eating healthy foods that boost our immunity will help a great deal in warding off infections that float around this time. Thankfully, there are many foods commonly found in our kitchens that solve the purpose. The slight nip in the air makes us crave for warm foods. When we think of warm and healthy foods, soup is one of the first things that come to our mind. A hot bowl of soup makes us brave the change in weather, and as it consists of mostly water, it also makes for a light eat that goes easy on our stomach.
Here's a super healthy soup made of not one, but two powerful foods that will help us stay healthy during the rains. Seb aur badaam ka shorba is a delicious soup made of apples and almonds.
Why Apples? Here's A Look At Their Health Benefits
- Apples are an invaluable source of antioxidants (like vitamin C), phytonutrients and flavonoids that protect the body from free radicals. These properties also play a role in fighting off serious illnesses like hypertension and diabetes.
- The presence of dietary fibre makes this fruit a good food for digestion and general functioning of the stomach. It also helps in weight loss as the food is digested easily.
- Apples also possess some prebiotic properties that take care of your gut health.
(Also Read: 3 Immunity-Boosting Soups For Monsoons)
Health Benefits Of Almonds
- Almonds are packed with proteins that supply an enormous amount of energy to the body.
- The high antioxidant content of apples makes them an ideal fruit for the rainy season.
- Almonds also contain a high amount of fibre, which improves the digestive system and aids weight loss.
- Almonds are a rich source vitamin E and omega-3 fatty acids that protect the heart by lowering down the level of bad cholesterol.
With the goodness of these nutrient-dense foods, this apple and almond soup is a must-try during monsoons. The addition of honey levels up the immunity-boosting power of this yummy soup. Ginger adds its own health benefits and fights off ailments like cold and cough.
Get the easy recipe of Seb Aur Badaam Ka Shorba here.
About Neha GroverLove for reading roused her writing instincts. Neha is guilty of having a deep-set fixation with anything caffeinated. When she is not pouring out her nest of thoughts onto the screen, you can see her reading while sipping on coffee.