The test of being on a gluten free diet is not just getting off grains that have gluten. There are many ways in which you still might be damaging your gut. Think about the soya sauce or the Worchester sauce you enjoyed at your favourite Chinese restaurant.To have a strong gut, you need to be on a very strict gluten free diet and that includes no cross contamination. In addition to this, you also need to take into consideration the following - a generic recommendation for a healthy diet:
- Daily calorific consumption should be similar to the daily calorific burn out
- Consume unprocessed food
- Limit salt/sodium consumption
- Eat more vegetables and fruits - the more colourful and varied, the better
- Limit consumption of fats and prefer unsaturated fats to saturated and trans fats
- Drink sufficient amounts of fluid
- Limit sugar intake
- Eat fiber rich food
- Limit red meat consumption and balance it out with fish, poultry, nuts and beans.
- Consume sufficient amount of vegetables and vitamins.
For the latest food news, health tips and recipes, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and YouTube.