Celebrity diets have always been a source of curiosity among people. We all want to know the secret to our favourite celebrities' healthy and fit physiques. Alia Bhatt's diet is no different! The actress is one of the biggest food-lovers out there and she often shares insights into her food indulgences on Instagram. This beetroot salad was shared by the actress on her YouTube channel and has been trending of late. She also revealed an interesting anecdote along with it in the video from her shoot days on the sets of 'Dear Zindagi'.
"Beetroot salad is one of my favourite things. I used to eat it constantly, I remember, during 'Dear Zindagi'. Kyunki Goa mein shoot kar rahi thi [I was shooting in Goa] and it was very hot. So I was only eating this," said Alia Bhatt in the video. She also revealed that this salad was good for her skin and it was a sure-shot part of her summer diet. The recipe for beetroot salad was quite interesting and also had a tadka to go along with it.
Here Is The Full Beetroot Salad Recipe That Is One Of Alia Bhatt's Favourite:
- 1/2 cup Grated Beetroot
- 1 1/2 tbsp Plain curd
- Pinch of Black pepper powder
- Pinch of chaat masala
- Pinch of coriander leaves
- 1/4 tsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds (jeera)
- 5-6 Curry leaves
- Pinch of asafoetida (hing)
1. Take boiled and grated beetroot in a bowl. Add curd into the bowl and mix well.
2. Now sprinkle black pepper and chaat masala. Add a tablespoon of coriander leaves and mix again.
3. Prepare the tadka by heating oil in a tadka pan. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds or jeera, hing and curry leaves. Let it sputter in a minute or two.
4. Transfer the tadka to the salad bowl and give it a mix.
Watch the full video by Alia Bhatt here:
About Aditi AhujaAditi loves talking to and meeting like-minded foodies (especially the kind who like veg momos). Plus points if you get her bad jokes and sitcom references, or if you recommend a new place to eat at.