Aloo Baingan Recipe
Diced brinjal and potatoes tossed with a host of spices.
- Total Cook Time 40 mins
- Prep Time 15 mins
- Cook Time 25 mins
- Recipe Servings2
Ingredients of Aloo Baingan
- 6-7 long aubergines cut to desired size
- 2 medium potatoes peeled and cut to match the aubergines
- 1/4 cup clarified butter (ghee)
- 1 cup onions-thinly sliced
- 1/2 Tbsp ginger paste
- 1 1/2 Tbsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 Tbsp garam masala
- 2 Tbsp dhania powder
- 1/2 Tbsp chilli powder or to taste
- 1 Tbsp amchoor
How to Make Aloo BainganHideShow Media
1. Heat the clarified butter in a kadahi and saute the onions and ginger till onions are soft.
2. Add the aubergines and potatoes and saute over high heat a few times.
3. Add the salt, garam masala, dhania, chilli powder and amchoor.
4. Stir a few times to mix well.
5. Lower the heat, cover and cook till tender, stirring a few times to avoid scorching.
6. Garnish with the coriander leaves and serve hot.