How to make Dal Baati
About Dal Baati Recipe: Rajasthan's favourite, dal baati is a heavenly combination often served with a sweet dish of choorma. Made with a dough, deep fried in ghee, dal baati is an ideal dinner option in winters. You can also make this recipe on special occasions and festivals and it will definitely please all your guests.
Ingredients of Dal Baati
- 2 Cups atta
- 1 tbsp suji
- 3 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- For the filling:
- 2 cups peas (shelled)
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp jeera
- 1/8 tsp heeng powder
- 1 tbsp hinger, finely chopped
- 2 tsp dhania powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp haldi
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp aamchoor powder
- Ghee (kept hot to dip the baatis in)
How to Make Dal Baati
- 1.Make stiff dough with the atta, soojee, 3 tbsp ghee, salt and milk. Keep covered for 15 minutes.
- 2.Make the filling: heat the ghee and add jeera and heeng. Stir a few times and add the ginger.
- 3.When slightly brown, add the peas, dhania, garam masala, chilli powder, salt and amchoor.
- 4.Cook till tender and cool.
- 5.Shape dough into flat rounds, fill with peas' filling, cover and form into round balls.
- 6.Bake in a pre-heated oven for 45-50 minutes 10 minutes at 375 F, then lower the temperature to 350 F, till brown and crusty (if not brown on top, turn upside down and bake another 10 minutes.
- 7.Remove from oven and dip into ghee, and transfer onto a serving dish.
Key Ingredients: atta, suji, ghee, salt, milk, peas (shelled), ghee, jeera, heeng powder, hinger, dhania powder, garam masala, haldi, chilli powder, salt, aamchoor powder, Ghee (kept hot to dip the baatis in)