Baba Ganoush Recipe
Baba Ganoush is a Middle Eastern spread and dip similar to hummus but made with eggplant instead. Roasted eggplant, garlic and sesame seeds come together to make this delightful dip.
- Total Cook Time2 hrs 30 mins
- Prep Time 30 mins
- Cook Time2 hrs
- Recipe Servings2
Ingredients of Baba Ganoush
- 500 gm eggplant/aubergine
- 1 Tbsp garlic - finely chopped salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup onion - grated
- 1/4 cup tomato - de-seeded and chopped fine
- 1/4 tsp powdered black pepper
- 2 Tbsp parsley or coriander
- 2 Tbsp white sesame seeds
- Olive oil
How to Make Baba GanoushHideShow Media
Cook the eggplant over a direct flame or under a grill till dark on the outside and cooked inside.
Place in water and peel off the skin.
Chop fine or blend in a blender.
Mix in the garlic, salt, lemon juice, onion, tomato, pepper, half each of the parsley, til and oil.
Transfer to a serving dish, garnish with the rest of the parsley, til and oil.