How To Make Besan ke Ladoo (Laddu)
About Besan ke ladoo (Besan ke Laddu) Recipe: An Indian dessert usually made during festive times, Besan ke Ladoo are made from gram flour or besan roasted with ghee in a kadhai, flavored with sugar and cardamom and shaped into tight round balls. Besan Ladoo, if stored well has a long shelf life so you can relish them for many days. You can make these ladoos on special occasions as well as whenever you wish to have a light Indian sweet, since it doesn't take much time to prepare. Decorated with almonds and pistachios, this ladoo recipe makes for a mouth-watering Indian dessert on festivals like Janmashtami.
Ingredients of Besan ke Ladoo (Laddu)
- 2 Cups gram flour
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 3/4 cup sugar, powdered
- 1/4 tsp green cardamom, powdered
- for garnishing almonds, blanched
- for garnishing pistachios, blanched
How to Make Besan ke Ladoo (Laddu)
- 1.In a kadahi (wok), melt the ghee and add the gram flour. Stir-fry over low heat. It takes about 30 minutes for the flour to get cooked through and it gets a pasty look when done.
- 2.The color should be a light brown. Shut off the heat and leave the mixture to cool completely. If it does not cool entirely, it becomes moist when sugar is added.
- 3.Add the sugar and cardamom and mix well by rubbing it with your open palm against the base of the bowl. Rub till blended thoroughly.
- 4.Shape into tight, hard balls, pressing hard at every stage. At the final stage, keep it pressed a little longer, so that the surface becomes smooth.
- 5.Decorate the top of each ball with almonds and pistachios. Serve.
- 6.These ladoos can be stored for almost 4-6 weeks in an air tight jar.
Key Ingredients: gram flour, ghee, sugar, green cardamom, almonds, pistachios