How to make Bhetki In A Parcel
About Bhetki In A Parcel Recipe: A delicious Fish recipe, similar to Bengali dish Bhetki Paturi yet quite different from it. The recipe name comes from the fish by the same name, Bhetki. A fish locally caught silver fish in Kolkata and known as 'barramundi' internationally. This recipe of Bhetki boasts of various spices where marinated fish fillets are wrapped in banana leaf or aluminium foil and baked well. An amazing and unique starter dish for a dinner party that is quite rare to find even in restaurants.
Ingredients of Bhetki In A Parcel
- 1 Kg Bhetki (boneless, cut into chunks or fillets)
- Banana leaves/Aluminium foil
- For Marinade:
- 4 Tbsp Spring onions, chopped
- 2 tsp Garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Sesame oil
- 4 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 Green chillies, chopped
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- A pinch of Salt and pepper
- For topping:
- 1/2 Kg Tomatoes (diced), peeled
- 2 Tbsp Garden herbs , shredded
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- For garnish:
- Herbs, chopped
- 1 tsp Sesame seeds, roasted
How to Make Bhetki In A Parcel
- 1.Combine all the ingredients for the marination and rub over the fish. Set aside for 1 hour.
- 2.Place marinated fish on banana leaves, spooning over juices. Mix all ingredients for the topping and spoon on top of fish.
- 3.Tie the banana leaves over the fish with a string. If using aluminium foil, seal and fold the edges together.
- 4.Bake in an oven at 200 degrees centigrade for 10-15 minutes.
- 5.Serve hot with sesame seeds and shredded garden herbs.
If you loved our Bhetki recipe, you should definitely try these delicious Bengali fish recipes.
Key Ingredients: Bhetki (boneless, cut into chunks or fillets) , Banana leaves/Aluminium foil, For Marinade:, Spring onions, Garlic cloves, Sesame oil, Lemon juice, Green chillies, Turmeric powder, Salt and pepper, Tomatoes (diced), Garden herbs , Sugar, Vinegar, Salt and pepper, For garnish:, Herbs, Sesame seeds