How To Make Chicken Manchow Soup
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Chicken Manchow Soup Recipe: Chicken Manchow is a dark brown Chinese soup. Chicken, mushrooms, carrots and other veggies simmered in mild flavors.
Ingredients of Chicken Manchow Soup
- 1 Cup cooked chicken pieces
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 tsp ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp French beans, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp carrots, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp cabbage, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 2 tbsp cornflour mixed with 1 cup water
- 2 spring onion stems
- 3 tbsp oil
- salt (as required)
How to Make Chicken Manchow Soup
- 1.In a pan, stir fry the ginger, garlic, coriander leaves and green chilies for about 2 minutes.
- 2.Add all the vegetables, pepper and salt and continue to stir-fry for 2 more minutes.
- 3.Add the cooked chicken to the vegetable mixture and mix well. Add the soy sauce, chicken stock and salt.
- 4.Let it boil, reduce the heat and add the cornflour mixed with water and stir constantly till it thickens slightly.
- 5.Remove from heat and serve immediately.
- 6.Garnish with spring onion stems.
Key Ingredients: cooked chicken pieces, chicken stock, ginger, garlic, green chilies, coriander leaves, French beans, carrots, cabbage, capsicum, mushrooms, spring onions, pepper, soya sauce, spring onion stems, oil , salt (as required)