How To Make Chicken Manchurian
About Chicken Manchurian Recipe: Made from authentic Chinese flavors, this dish is a must try! Chicken manchurian is a dish relished by all age groups as a starter dish at parties. Fried chicken balls cooked in a spicy sauce batter, onions and served with steamed rice or hakka noodles. A traditional Chinese dish that can be made at home by some simple and basic ingredients and method.
Ingredients of Chicken Manchurian
- 250 gms chicken mince
- 2 Eggs (slightly beaten)
- 3/4 cup refined flour
- 1/2 tsp garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste
- Oil (for deep frying)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup onions, finely chopped
- 1 large capsicum, finely chopped
- For sauce, mix together:
- 3 tbsp corn flour (blended)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp soya sauce
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 2 tbsp celery, chopped
- 2 cups water
How to Make Chicken Manchurian
- 1.Mix together the chicken, egg, flour, garlic and ginger paste, enough water so as to have a thick batter. Leave this for 5-10 minutes.
- 2.Heat the oil, keeping the heat high drop heaped teaspoonfuls of batter and fry to a golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper till required.
- 3.Heat 2 Tbsp of oil, and stir-fry the garlic and onion in it over high heat, till the onions look glossy. Add the capsicum and turn around a few times.
- 4.Add the sauce mixture, and simmer till the sauce thickens and becomes translucent.
- 5.Add the fried balls, turn around a few times and serve.
To make the Manchurian balls juicy and tender you can first soak the chicken pieces in lukewarm water for a while.
Key Ingredients: chicken mince, Eggs (slightly beaten), refined flour, garlic paste, ginger paste, Oil (for deep frying), oil, garlic, onions, capsicum, corn flour (blended), water, vinegar, salt, soya sauce, tomato puree, celery, water