How to make Chicken Nizami
With a flurry of aromatic masalas, luscious add-ons, creams and chicken, this recipe lives up to its name.
Ingredients of Chicken Nizami
- 1 Nos Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp Hot Milk
- 1/4 Cup Oil
- 1 Medium Onion, chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 1/2 Kg Chicken (cut into 8 pieces)
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 4 Green Chillies
- 1/4 Cup Coconut (soaked in 1/2 cup of hot water)
- Coriander Leaves, chopped
- 4 Tbsp Yogurt, whipped
- 1/4 tsp Saffron
- 4 Tbsp Cream, whipped
- To Grind together:
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Poppy Seeds
- 3 Cardamoms
- 4 Cloves
- 10 Red Chillies (dried)
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 Tbsp Desiccated Coconut
How to Make Chicken Nizami
- 1.Grind all the ingredients from cumin seeds to the cinnamon to a fine paste.
- 2.Extract the milk from the soaked coconut and set aside.
- 3.Heat the saffron for 2 seconds, crush it, and then soak in hot milk.
- 4.Heat oil and fry the onions till it is golden-brown.
- 5.Add the ginger-garlic paste and fry for a couple of minutes.
- 6.Add the ground paste and bay leaves. Let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- 7.Add the chicken pieces and 1/2 a cup of water and continue cooking, for approximately 20 minutes, over a low heat.
- 8.When the chicken is almost cooked, add the coconut milk, green chillies, coriander leaves and yogurt.
- 9.Cook till the chicken is tender. Add the cream and saffron and simmer for 2 minutes.
- 10.Serve hot.
Key Ingredients: Cinnamon, Hot Milk, Oil, Onion, Ginger-Garlic Paste, Bay Leaves, Chicken (cut into 8 pieces), Water, Green Chillies, Coconut (soaked in 1/2 cup of hot water), Coriander Leaves, Yogurt, Saffron, Cream, Cumin Seeds, Poppy Seeds, Cardamoms, Cloves, Red Chillies (dried), Turmeric powder, Desiccated Coconut