How to make Hyderabadi Mirch Ka Salan
About Hyderabadi Mirchi Ka Salan Recipe: Mirchi ka salan is a popular accompaniment that is served along with the Biryanis in many Indian restaurants and homes. In Urdu, salan is curry and mirchi refers to chillies, and this recipe of salan is the perfect accompaniment to an aromatic, flavourful Biryani.
Ingredients in Hyderabadi Mirchi Ka Salan Recipe: A melange of spices and herbs goes into making this delicious bowl of mirchi ka salan. Tangy and flavourful tamarind, curry leaves, mustard seeds, cloves along with chillies and a spicy salan paste full of red chillies are mixed together. Hyderabadi mirch ka salan served with an aromatic biryani and a bowl full of chilled raita.
Ingredients of Hyderabadi Mirchi Ka Salan
- 250 Gram Green chillies, large
- 50 Gram Cooking oil
- 5 Gram Mustard seeds
- 2 Gram Cloves
- 5 Gram Curry leaves
- 100 Gram Onion paste (sauteed)
- 25 Gram Ginger garlic paste
- 50 Gram Tamarind
- 10 Gram Coriander leaves
- Salan paste:
- 50 Gram Peanuts
- 50 Gram Coconut
- 15 Gram Sesame seeds
- 20 Gram Coriander seeds
- 10 Gram Cumin seeds
- 5 Red chillies
- 5 Gram Peppercorns
How to Make Hyderabadi Mirchi Ka Salan
- 1.Slit and deep fry the green chillies in hot oil. Remove and keep aside.
- 2.Roast and grind together ingredients for the paste.
- 3.Soak the tamarind in a cup of water and extract pulp.
- 4.Heat oil and add the mustard seeds, when crackling add the cloves and the curry leaves.
- 5.Mix the sauteed onion paste and stir for 3 minutes.
- 6.Add the salan paste and continue stirring.
- 7.Pour 15 ml of water at intervals to avoid paste sticking to the pan.
- 8.Add the tamarind pulp and 50 ml of water.
- 9.Stir for 5 minutes until the gravy resembles the consistency of a sauce.
- 10.Add the salt and the fried chillies to the hot gravy. Boil the gravy for a minute.
- 11.Remove and garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.
Green chillies, Cooking oil, Mustard seeds, Cloves
, Curry leaves, Onion paste (sauteed), Ginger garlic paste, Tamarind
, Coriander leaves, Peanuts
, Sesame seeds, Coriander seeds, Cumin seeds, Red chillies, Peppercorns