How To Make Rice Idli
Recipe Servings: 6
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Rice Idli Recipe: A South Indian breakfast food, but delicious any time of day. Its light and easy to make. Steamed and best enjoyed with sambar and chutneys.
Ingredients of Rice Idli
- 3 Cups rice - preferably par boiled (sela)
- 1 cup split and husked dhuli urad
- 2 tsp salt
How to Make Rice Idli
- 1.Soak the rice and lentil in water separately for 5-6 hours.
- 2.Grind the lentil to a fine smooth paste, and the rice a little coarse (enough to feel a texture, like fine sand).
- 3.Mix the two ground ingredients with salt and enough water to form a batter of dropping consistency.
- 4.Leave covered, in a warm place to ferment to a spongy batter, overnight.
- 5.Steam in an idli steamer and serve hot.
Key Ingredients: rice - preferably par boiled (sela), split and husked dhuli urad, salt