How to make Kalmi Kebab
Boosted with masalas, herbs and seasoning, this gorgeous chicken is then grilled/baked.
Ingredients of Kalmi Kebab
- Oven temp: 450 F-220 C
- 1 Kg Chicken (skinned and cut into 8-10 pieces)
- 1 tsp Ginger Paste
- 1 tsp Garlic Paste
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 200 Gram Dahi (placed in a colander to drain out excess water)
- 2 Cloves (roasted), powdered
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon (broken and powdered, roasted
- 1/2 tsp Kala Jeera (roasted), powdered
- A pinch of Saffron
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 30 Gram All Purpose Flour
- 1 Egg (slightly beaten)
- 1 Large Onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp Mint Leaves, chopped
- 1 Lemon Wedges
How to Make Kalmi Kebab
- 1.Wash the chicken, wipe dry, prick in 2-3 places and mix all the ingredients, except those for garnishing, and let marinate for 2-3 hours.
- 2.Just before serving, place on a drip tray and grill till light brown, or bake in a hot oven for 15-20 minutes.
- 3.If you can cook it in a tandoor, it is even better. A drip-tray is essential, because the drippings should have a means of escape, other wise the chicken will be soggy.
- 4.Serve, garnished with onion rings, pudina and lemon wedges.
Key Ingredients: Oven temp: 450 F-220 C, Chicken (skinned and cut into 8-10 pieces), Ginger Paste, Garlic Paste, Salt, Dahi (placed in a colander to drain out excess water), Cloves (roasted), Cinnamon (broken and powdered, Kala Jeera (roasted), Saffron, Lemon Juice, All Purpose Flour, Egg (slightly beaten), Onion, Mint Leaves, Lemon Wedges