How to make Vazakai Poriyal (Raw Banana)
An easy to make, simple preparation straight from South India. A heartwarming mix of spices cooked with coconut and raw bananas.
Ingredients of Vazakai Poriyal (Raw Banana)
- 3 Raw bananas
- 1/2 Cup Coconut, grated
- 4 Green chilies
- 50 Gram Shallots
- 3 Whole dry chili
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- To taste Salt
- 2 tsp Coconut oil
How to Make Vazakai Poriyal (Raw Banana)
- 1.Wash, peel and chop raw bananas in to pieces.
- 2.In a saucepan, add chopped plantains, turmeric powder, salt and water and cook until pieces are tender. Drain and set aside.
- 3.Grind together shallots, cumin seeds, coconut and green chilies into a little coarse paste and set aside.
- 4.Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and let them splutter.
- 5.Add curry leaves and red chili, fry for a couple of minutes.
- 6.Now add ground coconut mixture and fry for 4-5 seconds.
- 7.Add cooked plantains and mix well.
- 8.Adjust salt and switch of the flame.
- 9.Serve with rice or breads.
Raw bananas, Coconut
, Green chilies, Shallots
, Whole dry chili, Cumin seeds , Mustard seeds, Turmeric powder, Curry leaves , Salt
, Coconut oil