How to make Lagan Nu Custard
About Lagan-Nu-Custard Recipe: A Parsi dessert, 'Lagan-Nu-Custard' is prepared during weddings. The name itself means 'wedding custard'. Made with simple everyday ingredients like milk, eggs, butter and nuts.
Ingredients of Lagan Nu Custard
- Oven temp: 350 F-180 C
- 5 Cups Milk, full cream
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 6 Green cardamoms
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg (powdered together with the cardamoms)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla essence
- 1/4 Cup Almonds (slivered), blanched
- 1/4 Cup Chironji/charoli nuts
- 4 Eggs (slightly beaten)
- 1/2 Cup Cream
- A generously buttered oven proof serving dish
- A few blobs of butter to top the custard
- To decorate Nuts
How to Make Lagan Nu Custard
- 1.Cook milk and sugar together, to reduce it to half the amount.
- 2.Add half the spice powder, half the nuts and the vanilla and mix well and cool.
- 3.Mix the cream into the milk and beat the mixture into the beaten eggs.
- 4.Transfer into the prepared dish, sprinkle the rest of the nuts and spices, and the blobs of butter and bake in the pre heated oven for 1/2 an hour (a skewer inserted should come out clean).
- 5.Should be brown on top.
- 6.Cool and chill. You can also decorate with nuts.
- 7.Cut into squares and serve.
Key Ingredients: Milk, Sugar, Green cardamoms, Nutmeg (powdered together with the cardamoms), Vanilla essence, Almonds (slivered), Chironji/charoli nuts, Eggs (slightly beaten), Cream,