How To Make Medu Vada
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Medhu Vada Recipe: A crisp South Indian snack best goes with the coconut chutney.
Ingredients of Medhu Vada
- 1 Cup split husked black gram (dhuli urad), soaked for 4-6 hours
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida
- 1/4 tsp powdered black pepper
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp green chillies, finely chopped
- Oil (for frying)
How to Make Medhu Vada
- 1.Drain the daal and grind to a smooth paste.
- 2.Add salt, asafoetida and the black pepper, and beat well to make it light and fluffy.
- 3.Mix in coriander leaves, ginger and the green chillies.
- 4.Heat oil till a drop of batter dropped in comes up at once.
- 5.Shape the daal mixture into flat rounds, make a hole in the center and fry, first over high heat, then over lowered heat till brown and cooked through.
- 6.Lift the vadas out of oil and drain on absorbent paper and serve.
Key Ingredients: split husked black gram (dhuli urad), soaked for 4-6 hours, salt, asafoetida, powdered black pepper, coriander leaves, ginger, green chillies,