How To Make Methi Aloo
Recipe Servings: 4
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Methi Aloo Recipe: Fenugreek leaves or methi cooked with potatoes and spices make for a hearty dish.
Ingredients of Methi Aloo
- 500 gms fenugreek leaves, finely chopped
- 250 gms potatoes (washed and scrubbed clean), small
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 3-4 whole red chillies
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 cup mustard oil
- to taste salt
How to Make Methi Aloo
- 1.Heat the oil in a kadahi and put the potatoes in.
- 2.Stir-fry for a few minutes over a medium heat, till the potatoes are half cooked.
- 3.Scoop the potatoes out of the oil and set aside.
- 4.Increase heat to high for a few seconds; add the fenugreek seeds and the whole red chillies.
- 5.Stir a few times and add the chopped fenugreek leaves.
- 6.Stir-fry till the leaves look slightly glossy, add the half cooked potatoes, salt, chilli powder and the coriander powder.
- 7.Cook uncovered till the leaves are done. Serve hot.
Key Ingredients: fenugreek leaves, potatoes (washed and scrubbed clean), fenugreek seeds, whole red chillies, chilli powder, coriander powder, mustard oil, salt