How To Make Moong Dal Ki Barfi
Recipe Servings: 4
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Medium
About Moong Dal Ki Barfi Recipe: A sweet treat made with moong dal, khoya and almonds.
Ingredients of Moong Dal Ki Barfi
- 1 Cup split and husked green gram (dhuli moong ki dal) - soaked in water for 5-6 hours
- 1 cup ghee
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 50 gms khoya
- A greased plate to set the barfi in
- 1/4 tsp powdered green cardamom
- 2 tbsp slivered and roasted almonds
- 2 Vark sheets (silver leaves), if you so desire
How to Make Moong Dal Ki Barfi
- 1.Drain and grind dal coarsely. (Slightly more coarse than the texture of fine sand)
- 2.In a heavy kadahi, mix the ghee and the dal, and place over low heat.
- 3.Stir-fry till brown and the fat separates.
- 4.Remove from the kadhai and add khoya in the same kadhai and stir-fry till it is a smooth consistency and lightly colored.
- 5.Mix the dal, elaichi and khoya and keep aside to cool.
- 6.In another pan place the sugar and water over low heat stirring till the sugar dissolves, taking care not to let it come to boil, before the sugar dissolves.
- 7.Once the sugar dissolves, increase the heat and bring to a boil and let the syrup cook till thick, and a drop of it dropped on a cold surface or a cup of cold water, sets at once, into a firm lump.
- 8.Take the pan off the heat and mix immediately into the cooled dal mixture, stirring vigorously and quickly, to blend well.
- 9.Transfer on to the greased plate, pat to level, garnish with the vark and almonds and leave to cool.
- 10.When cool and set, cut into desired sized pieces, using a sharp knife.
Key Ingredients: split and husked green gram (dhuli moong ki dal) - soaked in water for 5-6 hours, ghee, sugar, water, khoya, powdered green cardamom, slivered and roasted almonds,