Murgh Shahi Korma Recipe
How to make Murgh Shahi Korma
About Murgh Shahi Korma Recipe: A creamy chicken curry with a distinctive nutty taste.
- Total Cook Time 50 mins 10 seconds
- Prep Time 10 mins 10 seconds
- Cook Time 40 mins
- Recipe Servings8
Ingredients of Murgh Shahi Korma
- 1 Kg chicken (skinned and cut into 8 pieces)
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 cup grated onions
- 2 Tbsp poppy seeds-roast and dry separately
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 Tbsp coriander powder
- salt to taste
- 2-3 green chillies-slit
- 1/4 cup khoya-mashed into a paste with water
- Soak for half an hour and grind to a paste :
- 10 cashew nuts
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp dessicated coconut
- Garnish :
- 1/4 cup thick cream
- 2 Tbsp chopped coriander leaves
How to Make Murgh Shahi KormaHideShow Media
Heat the ghee in a heavy-based pan and add the cumin seeds.
When the seeds splutter, add the onions and sauté till light brown.
Add the ground paste and sauté again till the fat separates.
Increase heat, add the chicken pieces, and stir-fry until coated with the masala.
Add the turmeric, chilli powder, garam masala, coriander powder, salt and the green chillies.
Stir-fry to mix well.
Add 2 cups of water and the milk paste, bring to a boil and simmer uncovered for 15-20 minutes or till the chicken is tender.
Serve hot, garnished with the cream and coriander leaves.
Key Ingredients: chicken (skinned and cut into 8 pieces),