How to make Murgh Shahi Korma
About Murgh Shahi Korma Recipe: A creamy chicken curry with a distinctive nutty taste.
Ingredients of Murgh Shahi Korma
- 1 Kg chicken (skinned and cut into 8 pieces)
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 cup grated onions
- 2 Tbsp poppy seeds-roast and dry separately
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 Tbsp coriander powder
- salt to taste
- 2-3 green chillies-slit
- 1/4 cup khoya-mashed into a paste with water
- Soak for half an hour and grind to a paste :
- 10 cashew nuts
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp dessicated coconut
- Garnish :
- 1/4 cup thick cream
- 2 Tbsp chopped coriander leaves
How to Make Murgh Shahi Korma
- 1.Heat the ghee in a heavy-based pan and add the cumin seeds.
- 2.When the seeds splutter, add the onions and sauté till light brown.
- 3.Add the ground paste and sauté again till the fat separates.
- 4.Increase heat, add the chicken pieces, and stir-fry until coated with the masala.
- 5.Add the turmeric, chilli powder, garam masala, coriander powder, salt and the green chillies.
- 6.Stir-fry to mix well.
- 7.Add 2 cups of water and the milk paste, bring to a boil and simmer uncovered for 15-20 minutes or till the chicken is tender.
- 8.Serve hot, garnished with the cream and coriander leaves.
Key Ingredients: chicken (skinned and cut into 8 pieces),