Story ProgressBack to home
Muttakos Poriyal Recipe
Muttakos Poriyal: A light and easy vegetarian specialty from South India. Cabbage cooked with dhuli urad, chaana dal, mustard seeds and coconut.
- Total Cook Time 35 mins
- Prep Time 05 mins
- Cook Time 30 mins
- Recipe Servings2
Ingredients of Muttakos Poriyal
- 1 kg cabbage-chopped
- Green chillies-chopped to taste
- 1 cup coconut-grated
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp black gram (dhuli urad)
- 1 tsp bengal gram (channa daal)
- 2-3 whole red pepper
- 1 tsp asafoetida
- 6-7 curry leaves
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
How to Make Muttakos PoriyalHideShow Media
1. Heat oil and add mustard, cumin, dals, red pepper and curry leaves. When seeds splutter add green chillies.
2. Stir-fry to mix and add cabbage and salt.
3. Stir-fry till tender, mix in the coconut and serve.