Pindi Channe Recipe
How to make Pindi Channe
Spicy chickpea and potatoes mingled in varied masalas with a burst of flavours. 'Pindi Channe' is one of the famous recipes from the Punjab region.
- Total Cook Time6 hrs 10 mins
- Prep Time1 hr 10 mins
- Cook Time5 hrs
- Recipe Servings4
Ingredients of Pindi Channe
- 2 cups kabuli channa
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp tea leaves, tied in a small cloth
- 2 Tbsp salt
- 2 Tbsp ginger, finely shredded
- 3-4 green chillies, slit lengthwise
- 2 potatoes-large, boiled, peeled and quartered
- 2 Tbsp coriander powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin seeds-roasted and powdered
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp black pepper powdered
- 1 Tbsp pomegranate seeds, powdered
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1 lemon, quartered
How to Make Pindi ChanneHideShow Media
Add baking soda to the channe and soak for at least 3-4 hours.
Cook channe in fresh water with tea leaves and 1 tbsp salt.
Remove tea leaves and excess water. Add cumin, coriander, garam masala, black pepper, pomegranate seeds, 1 tbsp salt to the channe. Mix well together.
Heat the oil, add ginger, stir a few times, until slightly brown.
Add green chillies and stir a few times.
Add the channa mixture and potatoes and stir continuously till well mixed and slightly fried.
Serve hot, garnished with the lemon quarters.