Recipe Servings: 8
Tender chunks of chicken tossed with the tang of tomatoes, an array of spices and chillies.
- 1 kg diced chicken
- 8 whole red chillies
- 1 Tbsp coriander seeds
- 1/2 bowl of ghee
- 1 1/2 Tbsp garlic paste
- 1 kg tomatoes - chopped
- 4 chopped green chillies
- 2 1/2 Tbsp ground ginger
- 2 Tbsp fresh coriander - chopped
- 1 tsp green cardamom powder
- 1/2 tsp brown cardamom powder
- A pinch of black pepper powder
- A pinch of cumin powder
- 1 tsp fenugreek powder (kasoori methi)
- A pinch of fennel powder
- Salt - to taste
- Roast the whole red chillies and coriander seeds, then coarsely grind them.
- Heat ghee in a pan, saute the garlic lightly.
- Add the ground spices and stir.
- Now add tomatoes stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the green chillies and ginger, simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Then add the chicken, mix well and cook till almost done.
- Now sprinkle salt and fresh coriander leaves, stir.
- Add the black pepper powder, brown cardamom powder, fenugreek powder, cumin powder, green cardamom powder and fennel powder.
- Stir again and serve.
Key Ingredients: chicken
, coriander seeds
, tomatoes, ginger
, coriander leaves
, green cardamom
, green chillies
, clarified butter
, red chilli
, black cardamom
, black pepper
, cumin seeds