Recipe Servings: 4
Sweet dish of rice cooked with milk, raisins and cardamom, garnished with almonds.
- 5 cups full cream milk
- 1/4 cup rice - washed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 10-12 raisins
- 4 green cardamoms
- 10-12 almonds - blanched, shredded
- Boil the rice and milk in a deep pan.
- Simmer over low flame, stirring occasionally till the rice is cooked and the milk becomes thick.
- When done add sugar, raisins and cardamoms.
- Stir till sugar gets dissolved properly.
- Transfer into a serving dish and garnish with almonds.
- Serve hot or chilled.