Brown rice is good source of resistant starch that burns fat
First and foremost, it is imperative to realize that eating less does not ensure weight loss. Eating right is the key. This means that your diet must include a balance of the three primary nutrients that are carbohydrates, proteins and fats. Weight loss is an ongoing journey that demands changes in lifestyle and dietary habits. It requires one to add and subtract certain elements to observe the best results. According to Dr. Simran Saini, Nutritionist and Weight Loss Consultant, "A protein and fiber rich diet along with foods that are rich in antioxidants and low in calories are ideal for your weight loss regime." Kickstart your journey by setting a goal and then follow this list of 24 foods that help you lose weight fast.
1. Green Tea: It eases out bloating and flushes out the extra fluids as well as toxins from the body.
2. Apples: This sweet fruit contains pectin - a type fiber that suppresses appetite.
3. Almonds: Almonds are packed with fiber and help you feel full for longer.
4. Chickpeas: They are a rich source of calcium, iron and good quality protein.
5. Dark chocolate: It is loaded with flavonoids that facilitate weight loss.
Brown rice contains resistant starch that can help you burn fat. Photo Credit: Istock
23. Chilli Peppers: They help convert the white fats into brown fats which are good and burn more energy.
24. Olive Oil: It is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and contains healthy monounsaturated fats (MUFAs) that promote slimming.
So, if you are struggling to shed those extra kilos, incorporate these foods in your diet. A combination of the above could do wonders.
CommentsThe opinions expressed within this article are the personal opinions of the author. NDTV is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, suitability, or validity of any information on this article. All information is provided on an as-is basis. The information, facts or opinions appearing in the article do not reflect the views of NDTV and NDTV does not assume any responsibility or liability for the same.