antioxidants and low in calories are ideal for your weight loss regime." Kickstart your journey by setting a goal and then follow this list of 24 foods that help you lose weight fast.
1. Green Tea: It eases out bloating and flushes out the extra fluids as well as toxins from the body.
2. Apples: This sweet fruit contains pectin - a type fiber that suppresses appetite.
3. Almonds: Almonds are packed with fiber and help you feel full for longer.
4. Chickpeas: They are a rich source of calcium, iron and good quality protein.
5. Dark chocolate: It is loaded with flavonoids that facilitate weight loss.
6. Oatmeal:Oats keep you full for longer, provide a good amount of energy and lower bad cholesterol levels.7. Eggs: Eggs are loaded with protein and have a very high satiety value preventing cravings and hunger pangs.
(Also read: 11 Ways to Get Enough Protein in Your Diet)Eggs are a good source of complete protein. Photo Credit: Istock
8. Quinoa: This South American grain is rich in iron, protein and B12.
9. Fish: Fish is a complete protein which means that it contains all the essential amino acids the body requires.
10. Flaxseeds: They are low in carbs and rich in omega 3 fatty acids and make for a great snack.
11. Sprouts: With very few calories and high fiber content, sprouts are healthy and nutritious.
12. Amaranth: It can be used as a substitute for meat as it is a good source of complete protein.
13. Yogurt: It eases digestion and acts as a probiotic that makes your gut stronger.
14. Watermelon: This juicy fruit contains mostly water. It hydrates the body and flushes out the toxins.
(Also read: 7 Foods That Prevent Cravings and Hunger Pangs)Watermelons are hydrating and very filling. Photo Credit: Istock.
15. Peach: It helps to get rid of unwanted water retention and has plenty of natural sugars, so you won't crave more. It also acts as a natural laxative.
16. Peanuts: This nutty delight is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and makes for a perfect mid-meal snack.
17. Beetroot: Beetroots and beetroot juice is naturally sweet and helps to keep the sugar cravings away. It also improves blood circulation and boosts metabolism.
18. Broccoli: This super green vegetable contains sulforaphane that helps burn fat.
19. Spinach: These dark leafy greens help to ease water retention and provide essential vitamins and minerals. They are also packed with fiber.
20. Cucumber: More than 90% of it is made up of water which makes it very hydrating and filling at the same time.
21. Cottage Cheese:Cottage cheese is rich in calcium and suppresses the production of calcitriol. This prevents weight gain.
22. Brown Rice: This type of rice provides complex carbohydrate that help in sustaining weight loss. It contains resistant starch that boosts metabolism and burns fat.
(Also read: 9 Health Benefits of Switching to Brown Rice)Brown rice contains resistant starch that can help you burn fat. Photo Credit: Istock
23. Chilli Peppers: They help convert the white fats into brown fats which are good and burn more energy.
24. Olive Oil: It is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and contains healthy monounsaturated fats (MUFAs) that promote slimming.
So, if you are struggling to shed those extra kilos, incorporate these foods in your diet. A combination of the above could do wonders.
The opinions expressed within this article are the personal opinions of the author. NDTV is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, suitability, or validity of any information on this article. All information is provided on an as-is basis. The information, facts or opinions appearing in the article do not reflect the views of NDTV and NDTV does not assume any responsibility or liability for the same.
First and foremost, it is imperative to realize that eating less does not ensure weight loss. Eating right is the key. This means that your diet must include a balance of the three primary nutrients that are carbohydrates, proteins and fats. Weight loss is an ongoing journey that demands changes in lifestyle and dietary habits. It requires one to add and subtract certain elements to observe the best results. According to Dr. Simran Saini, Nutritionist and Weight Loss Consultant, "A protein and fiber rich diet along with foods that are rich in