Here are some benefits of jaggery that makes it perfect companion for your tea.
1) Aids Digestion: Jaggery could do wonders for your digestion. Jaggery is often recommended to people who have constipation as it improves the digestion process in the body. One should have little bit of jaggery every day.
2) Rich Source of Iron: Iron is an important component of hemoglobin, iron helps red blood cells to carry oxygen from your lungs and transport it throughout your body. Eating portions of jaggery everyday can fulfil the iron and mineral requirement in your body. It is quite beneficial for people who are suffering from anaemia.(Also Read: 5 Amazing Turmeric Milk (haldi doodh) Benefits: Why Should You Have This Golden Drink)
3) Fight Cold and Cough: Jaggery is considered as a remedy for cold and cough. It is warm and natural and hence doesn't have any side effects. Have it daily when you're not well and you'll recover quickly in a very natural way.(Also Read: How Does Besan Ka Sheera Help In Curing Cold And Cough Effectively)
Jaggery is considered as a remedy for cold and cough4) Rich in Antioxidants: Jaggery is an excellent source of antioxidants which helps in boosting the overall immunity. It helps in preventing free-radical damage in the body. They also help in strengthening the bones and joints in the body.
5) Acts As Cleansing Agent: Jaggery tea could prove to be an excellent remedy to rid yourseldf of excess toxins too. Jaggery acts a cleansing agent in the body and helps in flushing out toxins from various organs. It has the ability to improve the overall health to a great extent.
6) Aids Weight Loss: Struggling to shed those extra kilos round your belly? Step this way! Having jaggery in an adequate and controlled amount could even help you in weight loss. It creates a healthy metabolism in the body which helps digest food better and faster.
Try replacing sugar with jaggery in your tea and enjoy all the health benefits that it has to offer. Stay healthy, stay happy!Disclaimer:
The opinions expressed within this article are the personal opinions of the author. NDTV is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, suitability, or validity of any information on this article. All information is provided on an as-is basis. The information, facts or opinions appearing in the article do not reflect the views of NDTV and NDTV does not assume any responsibility or liability for the same