Sugar is one of the most commonly used and easily available sweeteners across the world. However, when it comes to its nutritional properties, it is not-so-healthy. Do you happen to be a tea lover who often ends up putting a lot of sugar in their tea? If yes, then it's time to limit its consumption as excessive sugar intake can cause your body more harm than good. There are a lot of alternatives to the same, however, the best of all is jaggery. You'd be surprised to know how beneficial jaggery could be if you use it in place of sugar in your tea. Even though sugar and jaggery both are made up of the same source, sugarcane, one is healthier than the other. This is primarily because sugar is a refined form of sugarcane and jaggery is more natural and non-refined. Jaggery has a lot of other added benefits as well.
Here are some benefits of jaggery that makes it perfect companion for your tea.
1) Aids Digestion: Jaggery could do wonders for your digestion. Jaggery is often recommended to people who have constipation as it improves the digestion process in the body. One should have little bit of jaggery every day.(Also Read: 15 Jaggery Benefits: Ever Wondered Why Our Elders End a Meal with Gur?)
It improves the digestion process in the body.
2) Rich Source of Iron: Iron is an important component of hemoglobin, iron helps red blood cells to carry oxygen from your lungs and transport it throughout your body. Eating portions of jaggery everyday can fulfil the iron and mineral requirement in your body. It is quite beneficial for people who are suffering from anaemia.
(Also Read: 5 Amazing Turmeric Milk (haldi doodh) Benefits: Why Should You Have This Golden Drink)
Jaggery everyday can fulfil the iron and mineral requirement in your body
3) Fight Cold and Cough: Jaggery is considered as a remedy for cold and cough. It is warm and natural and hence doesn't have any side effects. Have it daily when you're not well and you'll recover quickly in a very natural way.4) Rich in Antioxidants: Jaggery is an excellent source of antioxidants which helps in boosting the overall immunity. It helps in preventing free-radical damage in the body. They also help in strengthening the bones and joints in the body.
(Also Read: How Does Besan Ka Sheera Help In Curing Cold And Cough Effectively)
Jaggery is considered as a remedy for cold and cough
Jaggery is an excellent source of antioxidants which helps in boosting the overall immunity.
5) Acts As Cleansing Agent: Jaggery tea could prove to be an excellent remedy to rid yourseldf of excess toxins too. Jaggery acts a cleansing agent in the body and helps in flushing out toxins from various organs. It has the ability to improve the overall health to a great extent.
(Also Read: 6 Wonderful Health Benefits of Detox Drinks
)Jaggery acts a cleansing agent
6) Aids Weight Loss: Struggling to shed those extra kilos round your belly? Step this way! Having jaggery in an adequate and controlled amount could even help you in weight loss. It creates a healthy metabolism in the body which helps digest food better and faster.
Jaggery in an adequate and controlled amount could even help you in weight loss.
Try replacing sugar with jaggery in your tea and enjoy all the health benefits that it has to offer. Stay healthy, stay happy!
The opinions expressed within this article are the personal opinions of the author. NDTV is not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, suitability, or validity of any information on this article. All information is provided on an as-is basis. The information, facts or opinions appearing in the article do not reflect the views of NDTV and NDTV does not assume any responsibility or liability for the same