Story ProgressBack to home
Balinese Jukut Urab Recipe
How to make Balinese Jukut Urab
Balinese Jukut Urab Recipe : Name might be very difficult to pronounce but we bet recipe is much easier. 'Balinese Jukut Urab' is a mixed vegetable salad with beans, spinach, sprouts, grated coconut dressed in sweet and sour flavors.
- Total Cook Time 15 mins
- Cook Time 15 mins
Ingredients of Balinese Jukut Urab
- 1 cup blanched snake beans
- 1 cup blanched bean sprouts
- 1 cup blanched young spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped onions lightly sauteed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh red chillies, lightly sauteed
- 2/3 cup of grated and roasted coconut
- Roasted peanuts for garnishing
- Crispy fried garlic and ginger for garnishing
- For the dressing:
- 1 large red chili, de-seeded and finely sliced
- 3 wedges of kaffir lime
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp oil
How to Make Balinese Jukut UrabHideShow Media
Cut the long beans into 2.5cm pieces.
Add all the ingredients in a bowl with the dressing and gently mix it all together.
Plate it and garnish when ready to serve.
Tip for salad -
Our regular green beans work just as fine in place of snake beans. I always like to serve this salad a few hours after it has been made, so that the vegetables imbibe all the flavors used for the dressing.