How To Make Gajar Ki Kanji
Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Gajar ki Kanji Recipe: Kanji is a nutritious and healthy Indian drink. Left to mature after cooking to bring out the flavours.
Ingredients of Gajar ki Kanji
- 250 gms carrots-preferably the dark variety (called kaali gajar)
- 6 cups water
- 3 tbsp powdered mustard seeds
- 2 tbsp salt
How to Make Gajar ki Kanji
- 1.Peel the carrots, and cut them into 7cm/3" pieces, not too thin (about finger size, you can say).
- 2.Boil the water and add the carrots to it.
- 3.When the water comes to a boil again, shut off the heat and leave to cool.
- 4.Add the salt and the mustard powder, and transfer into a jar with a lid, and keep this in the sun, to mature.
- 5.In sunny weather, it takes 3-4 days, for the taste of the mustard to become strong.
- 6.Do not keep the jar in the sun, after it is ready.
Key Ingredients: carrots-preferably the dark variety (called kaali gajar), water, powdered mustard seeds, salt